03: Can Microsoft App-V applications work with PolicyPak Starts Screen and Taskbar Manager?
Yes. It is tested and should work just like any other registered applications. The pre-requisites are same and we recommend creating GPOs for PolicyPak Starts Screen Manager, from the machine where required App-V package is already installed.
Steps to create App-V icon in Windows Starts Screen via GPO.
- Create a GPO and expand PolicyPak Starts Screen Manager
- Create Collection, create Group and then right-click and select Add Desktop Application Tile
- Select Registered Application (Recommended) option and click on Next button
- Wait for the wizard to discover all registered applications including App-V application packages
- Select the App-V application and verify the path by moving your cursor over the Icon
- Complete the remaining steps and apply group policy updates on the target machine.
PS: Target application path must exist at client machine.
- Log-off and log back on to see the required Starts Screen items.