I always use a proxy and the cloud client cannot seem to make contact with the services (see FAQ Item #3 above first.) What else can I try?
The PolicyPak cloud service is running as Local Service. That service might need to be instructed to be used to specify a proxy for the LocalService Account.
The keys you can manipulate are:HKEY_USERS.DEFAULTSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet SettingsConnectionsDefaultConnectionSettingsandSavedLegacySettings.
The ideal way to do this is as follows:
- Log on as a local admin to the machine.
- Create the right proxy info in your IE browser as your own user.
- Find the HKEY_Current_UserSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet SettingsConnections “DefaultConnectionSettings”
- Find the HKEY_Current_UserSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet SettingsConnections “SavedLegacySettings”
- Copy each one to the path for the .DEFAULT profile. HKEY_USERS.DEFAULTSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet SettingsConnectionsDefaultConnectionSettings and SavedLegacySettings.
You should see the proxy information like what is seen here in the binary value.