13: Why would it sometimes takes two logoffs and logons to see Start Screen or Taskbar changes?
To answer this, there are two scenarios.
- The user has no profile at all.
- GPOs apply SYNCHRONOUSLY but Explorer doesn’t get the signal about PolicyPak Start Screen & Taskbar.
- This means you typically need another log off and back on to see the "now written, but not yet seen" Start Screen & Taskbar.
- The user has a profile, but he is logged off.
- Then the Admin makes some change to Start Menu.
- When the User logs on, because policies are applied asynchronously, the end-user missed the chance to apply those to Explorer. So, you see the result at the next logon because the Start Screen & Taskbar policies are "now written, but not yet seen."