04: How To deploy a TCP/IP Printer using Group Policy Preferences in PolicyPak Cloud
To deploy a TCP/IP Printer using Group Policy Preferences in PolicyPak Cloud you need to perform the following:
- Select the Computer Group the policy will apply to, (Built-in Groups, Company groups etc.)
- Then under Actions select the option Create and Link a new Policy…
- Next, expand Microsoft & PolicyPak Preferences from the options presented, then select Printer, and click Ok.
- Next, click Printer to expand the list of options and select TCP/IP Printer before clicking Ok.
- At the next screen fill in the following values: IP Address, Local name, Printer path and then most importantly click on Common to expand the section and check the box next to Run in logged-in user’s security context (user policy option) before clicking Ok to save. Please see example below for more information.